Sunday, November 4, 2007

Home Sweet Home

DO you ever just have those days where you don't want to go outside no matter how beautiful the weather? You want to wake up and lay in bed for a few minutes before starting your day of being home. Just being home. I smile at the thought of being able to sleep in a bit...even for just an hour before having to take on the day.

Days like today, I awake slowly, comfy and cozy inside of my full-size bed. I don't turn on the heater because I am trying to keep the electricity bill down, so I am nice and toasty under four or five blankets...you know what I am talking about....completely covered except for and icicle nose. Hmm...today was that day to catch up on all of the things I needed to do. I showered, got dressed slowly, in between folding and putting away laundry, starting the washer, cleaning out my "tank top" drawer, making my bed, organizing my bathroom, etc. I turned on the tube and enjoyed great movies, like "Big" and "The Kid," in addition to the end of my favorite movie "The American President." I did the dishes, finished the book I have been reading for weeks and painted my toenails. Not many of my days lately have been this productive.

I love my home and I have been successful in making it my own...between the "extras" I spent lots of money on and the "bargains" that I stumbled upon...I am truly happy to know that I have a place of my own and a place I feel safe in. So it's no wonder that every once in a while, a full day in my comfy and cozy home is all I need to be recharged and reenergized enough to face the day or the week or the coming month.

This year has been difficult...on both a personal and professional level and I am finally in a place where I don't feel so out-of-control in those areas. I guess I can blame one thing on that feeling of control I have been able to regain: Home Sweet Home. And my comfy and cozy bed adds a little rejuvenation, too.

No comments: