Saturday, March 1, 2008

On my mind...

I promised Jess I would use my plans-less weekend to blog AT LEAST once...so here goes, Jess...just a few things that have been on my mind this week that I haven't had time to blog about.

1. Food Costs
This sounds pathetic, but I don't usually cook for myself...and if I do, it's to the extent that I make a grilled cheese or try my hand at mixing up some Hamburger Helper. I know, I know....how will I ever find a husband if I can't mix flour and eggs together? I don't care. BUT, I do live off of Lean Cuisine. Don't judge me, please. They are delicious and only FIVE Weight Watchers points. Well, I went to the grocery store on Thursday night because I am literally out of EVERYTHING. I needed something to eat for lunch Friday and get me through the weekend. I approached my favorite aisle...the frozen entrees section....and lo and behold, the Lean Cuisines have gone up in price by 75 CENTS! Yes! What am I going to do?

2. Cost of Gas
I resent the fact that my Lean Cuisines now cost MORE than a gallon of gas...but not for long. Please, please....SAVE OUR ECONOMY. I can't afford my life anymore.

3. Student Loan Check
I got mine for this semester. And I plan on PAYING OFF my credit card, which is probably the smartest thing I can do at this point, because it is eating me alive. I am excited to move toward paying off my debts, which was a New Year's Resolution of mine. :o)

4. My Magazine
Is supposed to be on its way to the printer in Denver. My first publication on my own...and I am so proud of the way it turned out. I can't wait for my friends and family to see it in print. It will be a proud moment of mine.

5. Hot as Hell
I am NOT ready for the summer, and the weather today told me I best start working on my tan....because before too long, I will be SOL and see-through compared to most of the girls running around campus. If only I had another trip to Hawaii planned this summer to give me a chance to lay on the beach and soak up some sun. Maybe I will have to work on that. :o)

Well, that's all. I am sure I will have something more profound in the coming days.

1 comment:

Jessica Lynn said...

I can't move out because of reasons 1, 2 and three. Seriously. It terrifies me how much of my money would go towards the necessities of staying alive (and paying off bills).

I'm glad you guys had a nice Saturday too. Ours was fantastic and teased me - Sunday it snowed.