I don't think I have spoken at much length about my new favorite blog: Charming, But Single. Now, before any of you read it, know that this girl (who is from the South) and I may be the same person. Some of my favorite posts include anything in the section "Wheat Thins and Wine" or the one entitled "Someday...right?"
Her most recent post is priceless and I just relate to her. Check it out, let me know what you think:
"I’m much too smart to be in this place. I’ve heard the Girl Power self esteem lectures. Be yourself. Respect your body. Don’t let men walk all over you. Be strong. Don’t compromise who you are. Look to the beauty in your soul. Ask for what you want. Embrace your independence. Stand on your own two feet. Celebrate your best qualities. The right person will love you because of your flaws, not in spite of them. You don’t need a man to be happy. Speak up. Walk confidently in the direction of your dreams. Head up, shoulders back. Anything you can do, I can do better. Draw on your inner confidence. Well behaved women rarely make history.
Yes, I know all of these things and more.
And yet … here I am."
No comments:
Post a Comment